eBook Educators Group

where educators come to learn from one another

I invested in Follett Shelf last year with the hope that the ebooks would be able to be downloaded onto my Nook color ereaders, but that hasn't been the case.  Now I'm contemplating buying an SD card to convert the ereaders to a full Android tablet and thus be able to download the Follett Shelf mobile app.  Has anyone done this?  The few reviews I found for the app aren't very encouraging and I'd like to know ahead of time if it would solve my problem before shelling out $$.

Views: 444

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Paula~

Follett ebooks no longer require the Follett Shelf app. They have made the shelf web-based, so that as long as your Nook has Internet access, you can read Follett ebooks.  You just need to get your shelf url so that students can access your ebook library. OR...they can access them through your online Destiny catalog.

Hope that helps!

Mary

I have a Follett shelf for my school.  As long as the Nook meets the browser requirements your students should be able to access the shelf.  Like Mary said it's web based now.  I'm really excited about this, since students can use a wide variety of devices.

-Alison

Have you actually tried to download a Follett Shelf book to your nooks?  I've entered the shelf URL for my school but it's very difficult to login - sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.  And even if I manage to login, the pages are very slow to turn.  Just about every command is slow.  I've tried both the Nook color and the Nook tablet, with the same results.

Mary Schwander said:

Hi, Paula~

Follett ebooks no longer require the Follett Shelf app. They have made the shelf web-based, so that as long as your Nook has Internet access, you can read Follett ebooks.  You just need to get your shelf url so that students can access your ebook library. OR...they can access them through your online Destiny catalog.

Hope that helps!

Mary

I have not, Paula.  I don't have a Nook to try.

I found the following Follett Shelf Tech Spec on the Internet. I don't know if it will help with your problem or not.

Tablet devices:
Support for browser pop-ups must be enabled.
iPad: Under Settings select Safari, set Block Pop-ups to Off
Android OS devices (e.g. Nook Color): Open Internet browser, select Settings, uncheck Block pop-up windows

http://www.cesa10.k12.wi.us/upload/document/224/fshelftech.pdf

Paula O'Rourke said:

Have you actually tried to download a Follett Shelf book to your nooks?  I've entered the shelf URL for my school but it's very difficult to login - sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.  And even if I manage to login, the pages are very slow to turn.  Just about every command is slow.  I've tried both the Nook color and the Nook tablet, with the same results.

Mary Schwander said:

Hi, Paula~

Hope that helps!

Mary

RSS

© 2017   Created by Will DeLamater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service