where educators come to learn from one another
Can anyone point me to Barnes & Noble information on their new program and policies for using the nook readers in a school setting?
Find a store that has a Community Relations Manager. Barnes & Noble now has a process in place to manage e-book purchasing for nooks in schools.
Find the closest Barnes & Noble to you where they have a Community Relations Manager. The CRM is there to assist schools and can advise you on nook readers in a school setting.
Here is information from a BN representative in Albuquerque, NM--hope it helps!
"We can now set up the NOOKs to be managed by us, you or the individual. We can also move your 12 NOOK Color over to this program, if you want, when you get back to school.
A few more things have changed:
1. A new NOOK is out called the Simple Touch Reader - it is black and white, but a touch screen like the NOOK Color. It comes with a more basic setup, perfect for schools.
2. Regardless of whether you go to the Simple Touch Reader or the Color, B&N is discounting on bulk purchases of 25 or more.
3. If you choose to do the B&N Managed Program, you will no longer need a credit card to set up the accounts.
4. You can use a PO to order eBooks.
5. We do all the work - charging, registering them, setting up the accounts, and downloading content.
6. We can customize the setup based on your needs.
7. We can imprint a logo on the cover.
8. And eBook purchases can now be tax exempt."